Head Boys Volleyball Coach
Report to: Athletics Director
Posted: August 2023
At Concordia, everything we do starts with Christ at the Center and equipping our students for lifelong service as leaders who reflect Christ. Additionally, we give students ample opportunities to find and hone their passions by providing them with vigorous academic programs and encouraging them to get involved in extracurricular activities.
In this environment our teachers not only speak freely about their faith but also have the freedom to innovate and tailor their classes and extracurriculars to the needs of each student.
Be a part of professional excellence at Concordia Lutheran High School. Join nearly 100 faculty and staff as we lead 600-plus students in Christ-centered educational excellence. Concordia is the 6th largest LCMS Lutheran high school in the country. We have graduated more than 10,000 alumni since 1935. About Us
What You Can Expect
- To accept responsibility for the program and work with the student-athletes in boys volleyball.
- To provide life lessons that will positively impact the physical, social, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing of all who are involved.
Creative Opportunities (The Fun Stuff)
- Leading the team
- Demonstrating a high degree of empathy, positivity, trust, responsibility, discipline, and flexibility.
- Is a developer, teacher, achiever, and problem solver.
- Experience coaching in an education-based athletic program
- Certified teacher preferred
Playing and/or coaching experience preferred
- Accept and implement the co-curricular philosophy of Concordia Lutheran High School and the IHSAA.
- Follows the rules and regulations of Concordia, the SAC, and the IHSAA.
- Attend the rules interpretation meetings held by the IHSAA.
- Maintain a membership in the Indiana Swim Coaches Association and participate so Concordia has representation.
- Attend clinics, seminars, and in-service programs in order to improve coaching skills and to stay current with new trends in coaching, training, conditioning, and safety procedures.
- Attend school, conference, and sectional coaches meetings.
- Give input and then carry out the schedule as drawn up by the Director of Athletics.
- Organize, schedule, and supervise practice sessions.
- Submit and verify transportation requests for scrimmages, practices, and events.
- Supervise the use of equipment in your sport.
- Assist with the development of a written annual inventory and make recommendations for purchases to the Director of Athletics.
- Assist with the distribution and collection of equipment and supplies.
- Regularly inspect equipment and facilities to ensure the safety of each student-athlete.
- Report scores and disseminate team information for publicity.
- Participate in pre and post season meetings with the Director of Athletics. The post-season meeting will serve as an evaluation conference.
- Delegate responsibility to the assistant coaches as appropriate.
- Organize and participate in an end-of-season information and evaluation session with all assistant coaches.
- Work to develop continuity between the Lutheran middle-school community and the Concordia volleyball program.
- Provide leadership in the program for all levels (9th, JV, Varsity) of the sport.
- Only allows athletes certified by the Athletic Office to participate.
- Maintains appropriate supervision of the program at all times (locker rooms, practices, events, bus rides, etc.). Supervises any and all space used by athletes while they are present.
- Assures that the team at all times will reflect a Christ-centered attitude and proper conduct at home or away events.
- Encourages their players to participate in sports and other co-curricular activities other than their own.
- Establish and use a system of communication to athletes and parents that will include an explanation of program policies, awards, procedures, goals, and schedules.
Who We Are
Concordia Lutheran High School was founded on the principles of faith, Christian service, and academic excellence. Over time, the three additional principles of diversity, mission partnerships, and relationships have been added to our core values.
Concordia Lutheran High School pursues Christ-centered educational excellence that equips individuals for lifelong learning and service as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Characteristics of Professional Excellence
Concordia Lutheran High School educators…
- Bring a vibrant passion for the mission
- Commit to continuous Christian growth as disciples of Jesus Christ
- Genuinely imitate Christ
- Display content knowledge and pursue pedagogical versatility
- Actively build and invest in relationships
- Foster a safe learning environment that inspires intellectual growth, collaboration and creativity.
- Nurture the whole individual
Concordia Educational Association, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Read more about our Non-Discrimination Policy.
Term of Service
The Head Boys Volleyball Coach’s offer of employment shall be on an annual basis. It is assumed that, given a positive performance review related to the professional development program, employment will be ongoing.
Salary: Up to $3,750