School Routines and Procedures
- The Fire Drill will be modified. The siren will be sounded so that students know what the signal is. Teachers will explain the process to exit the building from the classroom location.
- The Tornado Drill will be modified. The signal will be sounded so that students know what the signal is. Teachers will explain the process and designated location for their class. Students will practice the duck and cover in the classroom.
- The Lockdown Drill will be modified. The alert over the PA will be given so that students know what the signal is. Teachers will explain the process to the class so they know where and how they will take shelter.
The following protocols will be exercised for field trips, athletics, co-curricular activities and other school groups using school bus/mini-bus as transportation:
- Clean the bus/mini-bus before the trip using the sanitizing products provided by the school Maintenance Department.
- The teacher, coach, director, or adult leader(s) will need to assign seats on the bus to each student and keep an accurate seating chart. (It is recommended to use every other seat or only put one student in a seat.)
- Masks by both those being transported and by the driver must be worn while on the bus.
- The bus will be cleaned at the end of each trip using the sanitizing products.
- The seating charts will be retained by the school’s Transportation/Athletic Director to keep as a record of that trip and of where each student sat.
- The driver and those being transported are advised to hand sanitize upon entering and exiting the bus.
- Guidelines from government agencies will be followed when planning field, school, and athletic trips.