Details for Graduation
Seniors report to the Grand Wayne Center at 12:00 p.m. Much work goes into making this a special and very dignified event. It is the last opportunity for the Class of 2018, their family and friends, and the staff of CLHS to gather around the Word of God to celebrate the ending of one phase of our graduating seniors’ lives and the beginning of the new challenges set before them.
See the Senior Memo (PDF) below for other details about end-of-the-year activities.
To prepare for the Baccalaureate/Commencement Service, we ask all to keep the following in mind:
- If you have any special needs for family or friends such as interpreter for the deaf please be sure to let us know as quickly as possible so that arrangements may be made.
- Students must take care of all obligations (books, tuition, uniforms, fines, etc.) by Friday, May 25 prior to graduation rehearsal.
- Students have rehearsal for this event on Friday, May 25 beginning at 12:00 p.m. in the Main Gym. Following rehearsal, students will head outside (or to the cafeteria in case of inclement weather) for a Senior Sendoff Party with food, giveaways, and a yearbook autograph pages signing. Please note that the physical yearbooks will not be available until August when you can pick them up in the school office.
- As Commencement is contained within a worship setting, it is important to remember that we are in the presence of God and to act accordingly.
- This is a formal event and the dress of students and guests should reflect that emphasis.
- This year, in remembrance of JoQuan Liggion, his family will be given an honorary diploma. Students will also be given the opportunity to remember him. More information will be shared with the students at graduation rehearsal.
- Doors at the Embassy Theatre open at 12:15 p.m. with seating on a first come, first served basis. You will not be permitted to save seats for later arrivals. Tickets are not required for this event.
- Seniors do not need to hire a private photographer for graduation. The high school will have two photographers for the event who will take photos of every student walking across the stage (which will be printed and mailed to families over the summer). Photos will also be posted on Facebook. If you have any questions, please contact Ashley Wiehe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will be offering videotaping and live streaming of the Commencement Service. DVDs will be available for $25. Ordering information is on the Senior Memo attached.
- Directions for exiting the building are given at the end of the service to promote safety and provide the opportunity for families and friends to meet the graduates in a timely manner.
Be sure to note all the events for the Class of 2018 on the enclosed Senior Memo. If you have any questions not answered here, please call the main office at CLHS and we will get you the answers you need. May God grant all of us a truly wonderful end of the year . . . With Christ at the Center!