May 30, 2021 ~ 7:30 p.m.
Parkview Field, Downtown Fort Wayne
Details for Graduation
As the end of the school year approaches, the Class of 2021 and their parents have the opportunity to celebrate the many blessings that have happened during their high school years. We pray that Concordia Lutheran High School has been as much a blessing for them as they have been for Concordia.
The culmination of high school at Concordia Lutheran High School is the Baccalaureate/Commencement Service which will be held at the Parkview Field on Sunday, May 30 beginning at 7:30 p.m. and conclude with a fireworks show. Inclement weather decisions will be made closer to the event, but know that Concordia’s graduation will happen on Sunday, May 30.
Much work goes into making this a special and very dignified event. It is the last opportunity for the Class of 2021, their family and friends, and the staff of CLHS to gather around the Word of God to celebrate the ending of one phase of our graduates’ lives and the beginning of the next steps set before them.
Each family will receive eight assigned-seat tickets to attend the event. Graduates do not need a ticket. Split families will receive four tickets each. You will receive a survey later this week about those tickets. You must bring your ticket with you, and you must sit in your assigned seats because of social distancing protocols. Because of social distancing protocols, tickets cannot be transferred to another family/individual, and as of today, there are no additional tickets. Parkview Field has clearly labeled designated seats for this event.
To prepare for the Baccalaureate/Commencement Service, we ask all to keep the following in mind:
- As Commencement is contained within a worship setting, it is important to remember that we are in the presence of God and to act accordingly.
- Celebrate your graduate with this Facebook Profile frame.
- Fines: Students must take care of all obligations (books, tuition, uniforms, fines, etc.) by Thursday, May 27 prior to graduation rehearsal.
- Rehearsal: Students have rehearsal for this event on Friday, May 28 beginning at 12:00 p.m. in the Main Gym. Following rehearsal, students will head outside (or to the cafeteria in case of inclement weather) for a Senior Sendoff/Reunion Zero BBQ with food, giveaways, and a yearbook autograph pages signing. Please note that the physical yearbooks will not be available until August when you can pick them up in the school office.
- Graduation Dress Attire: Graduation is a formal event and the dress of students and guests should reflect that emphasis. Senior men are encouraged to wear a shirt and tie, dress slacks (no shorts) and dress shoes under the cap and gown. Senior women should wear dresses and dress shoes under the cap and gown. Please note that Seniors will be walking on soft surfaces of the game field (grass) and warning track (packed dirt) when collecting their diploma at home plate. Graduates need to arrive BEFORE 7 PM at the Douglas St. entrance. All other guests will enter through the main gate. Concessions will be available. Tickets are required (graduates do not need a ticket).
- Gown, Cap, Tassel & Awards: Graduates are to wear their gowns, caps, tassels and other awards presented to them during the Graduation/Baccalaureate ceremony. The tassel is worn on the right side of the hat. Please refrain from decorating the cap. Students must arrive at the park dressed and ready to go.
- Masks: Masks are required by Parkview Field at this event for graduates and all those in attendance. Masks may be removed when seated in your family pod.
- Photographs: Photographs will be taken at the event, including photos of each individual graduate. A copy of your graduate’s photo will be mailed to you over the summer as a gift from our Alumni Office. Event photos will be posted on Concordia’s Facebook page.
- Video: We will livestream the program on Concordia's YouTube Channel. It is available online at www.youtube.com/fwcadets or by searching for Concordia Lutheran High School on your smart device.
- Transcripts: Graduates request CLHS transcript distribution via Parchment Parchment (instructions)
If you have any questions not answered here, please call the main office at CLHS and we will get you the answers you need. May God grant all of us a truly wonderful end of the year . . . With Christ at the Center!