Concordia Lutheran High School is working closely with local public health officials to protect the health and safety of our community by slowing the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Because of this, the school will be closed through the remainder of the school year, and we will utilize Remote Learning. The information below provides resources and updates from our Administration.
Updates from Administration
What is COVID-19 and Preventative Measures
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to spread mainly between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet) through respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes. It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends everyday preventive measures to control the spread of COVID-19. These include:
- Staying home when sick and avoiding close contact with sick people. (Click here to read more from the IDOE about “How Sick is Too Sick”)
- Frequent, proper handwashing using soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoiding touching your mouth, nose or eyes with unwashed hands
- Practicing respiratory etiquette (e.g., covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue or upper sleeve)
- Routinely cleaning and disinfecting frequently-touched surfaces using usual cleaning/disinfection products according to the product label.
One to One Personal Counseling Services:
Child Mind Institute: Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
SAMHSA: Coping with Stress During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource
Other Counseling Resources
Click this link to see the various options available for meals.
Free meals from restaurants for students.
Click here for Daily Devotions and Chapel Services from our Theology Department (YouTube Playlist). Click here to send us any prayer requests that you may have so that we can pray for you specifically during our Daily Devotion time.