Dear Parents and Class of 2020,
Tickets for Concordia’s Class of 2020 Baccalaureate and Commencement service are available to pick up in the school office beginning Thursday, July 2. Tickets will NOT be available at Parkview Field. There is one envelope per student, and your ticket amounts are based on the amount you indicated on the survey earlier this year (with a maximum of 8 tickets per graduate). You must bring your ticket with you, and you must sit in your assigned seats because of social distancing protocols. Graduates do not need a ticket.
Because of social distancing protocols, tickets cannot be transferred to another family/individual, and as of today, there are no additional tickets. If you have concerns or questions about your tickets, please contact Sharon Thompson at email@example.com or (260) 483-1102, ext. 221.
Graduation will be held on July 11 at Parkview Field with a scheduled start (first pitch) at 7:05 PM. We invite you to remain at Parkview Field after our ceremony for a fireworks display to celebrate the Class of 2020! The fireworks will begin at dusk.
School Office available pickup times:
Thursday, July 2: 9 a.m.-Noon
Monday, July 6: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Tuesday, July 7: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Wednesday, July 8: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Thursday, July 9: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Friday, July 10: 8 a.m.-Noon
*Tickets must be picked up by Friday, July 10 at Noon to be able to attend graduation.
Thank you for your patience these past weeks as we work to organize this event for our graduates and please join Concordia in thanking Parkview Field’s Event Staff, particularly Mrs. Holly Raney, for their help in making this Graduation event possible. The seating and ticketing plan from Parkview Field adheres to social distancing guidelines that Parkview Field must maintain. Your help in remaining in the seats assigned to you is greatly needed and appreciated.
To prepare for the Baccalaureate/Commencement Service, we are mindful of the following:
● Concordia’s Commencement is contained within a worship setting. It is important to remember that we are in the presence of God and to act accordingly.
● Dress Attire: This is a formal event and the dress of students and guests should reflect that emphasis. Senior men are encouraged to wear a shirt and tie, dress slacks (no shorts) and dress shoes under the cap and gown. Senior women should wear dresses and dress shoes under the cap and gown. Please note that Seniors will be walking on soft surfaces of the game field (grass) and warning track (packed dirt) when collecting their diploma at home plate.
● Gown, Cap, Tassel & Awards: Graduates are to wear their gowns, caps, tassels and other awards presented to them. The tassel is worn on the right side of the hat. Please refrain from decorating the cap. Students must arrive at the park dressed and ready to go. Graduates, please do not bring purses or extra items to the park.
● Photographer: Concordia has arranged a photographer for the event who will take a photo of every student walking across the “stage” (which will be printed and mailed to families). Event photos will also be posted on Facebook.
● Video: Parkview Field will live stream this Commencement Service. It will be available to watch through the TinCaps YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/FortWayneTinCaps. We will also provide a recording of commencement, free of charge, following the event.
● No Rehearsal: There will not be a rehearsal prior to the graduation ceremony. Seniors are to arrive at Parkview Field before 6:30 PM.
● Graduating Seniors will report and enter through the Douglas Ave (East Entrance - near the Parking Garage) Gate and will sit in the Picnic Pavilion area near Right Field. Graduating Seniors DO NOT need a ticket to enter through the East Entrance Gate. Seniors are to arrive at Parkview Field before 6:30 PM. Click here to see a PDF map of the park. Further instructions will be given to the Graduating Seniors upon their arrival to Parkview Field.
● Handicap Parking is available in the TinCaps Diamond Parking Lot. Click here to see a PDF map. Individuals who need assistance may use the Handicap Entrance door from this parking lot to enter Parkview Field. There are no steps in this route. Parking is free. A ticket is required for every attending guest.
● Parking: Students, Families, and Guests may park in the TinCaps Silver, Green, and Red Parking Lots. Parking is free.
● Entrance: Families and Guests will use the main Brackenridge St. Entrance (South Entrance - off of Ewing Street) to enter Parkview Field. This route has 6-10 steps. A ticket is required for every attending guest. Parking is free.
● Rain Plan: Concordia will still hold the graduation event on July 11. We will announce alternative plans through our regular communication channels.
● Masks: We are asking all attendees, including graduates, to bring and wear a face mask.
● Bathrooms will be open and are available throughout the event.
● Drinking fountains will be turned off for this event.
● Concessions will be open with a selection of food and drink available for purchase.
● Our A Cappella Choir will provide a mini-concert beginning at 6:30 PM.
● Please remain following the commencement ceremony for a fireworks display to celebrate the Class of 2020! Fireworks will begin at dusk.