Sept. 30, 2020
FORT WAYNE, Ind. — Concordia Lutheran High School will induct six new members and one team into its Athletic Hall of Fame on Oct. 3 during a special reception.
The Athletic Hall of Fame was started in 2010 to award, recognize and honor outstanding achievements of athletes, coaches and others who have made significant contributions to the athletic program and have been instrumental in promoting the growth of athletics at Concordia. Since that time, Concordia has inducted 84 members and three teams inducted, including the 2020 class.
Inductees this year include:
- Dr. Fred Dahling, Class of 1949, for serving for more than 40 years as the Team Physician
- Angie (Doerffler) Bain, Class of 2010), for Basketball, Soccer, and Softball
- Dean Doerffler, Class of 1973, for his service as the Athletic Director and Head Football Coach
- Jason Doerffler, Class of 2006, for Football, Basketball, and Baseball
- Ryan Doerffler, Class of 2003, for Football and Baseball
- Paul Panning, Class of 2000, for Track and Field, Cross Country, and Wrestling
- 1967-68 Wrestling Team for the first Sectional win in school history
Concordia Lutheran High School, located at 1601 St. Joe River Drive in Fort Wayne, Ind., was founded in 1935 as a private, co-educational Lutheran high school open to students of all faiths and backgrounds. With Christ at the center, Concordia continues to pursue educational excellence that equips individuals for lifelong learning and service as disciples of Jesus Christ. Learn more at www.clhscadets.com.