1906-1910 – Military Dept formed at Concordia College under CPT Ivers Leonard, USA. The first cohesive battalion included four companies, a band and a signal corps.
1935 – Concordia Lutheran High School was established. Boys were required to participate in the four-year military program.
1936 – First female rifle team was organized allowing interested girls to participate in the military dept.
1941 – Corps of Cadets Officers organized their first dance. Prior to that time, dancing was prohibited by the Board of Directors. This dance still takes place today and is known as the JROTC Officers Ball.
1952 – The supervision of the military school was turned over to the high school by the College Board of Control. The four-year requirement was changed to a two-year mandatory/two-year voluntary program for all high school boys.
1972 – The first Concordia Drill Meet was organized by CPT Clendenen. This event still takes place today and is considered by many to be the premier drill meet in the region.
1973 – Women were allowed to enroll in the Corps of Cadets (JROTC).
1981 – CLHS Special Forces created.
1988 – General John Moellering JROTC Hall of Honor established. To date, 26 members have been inducted into the Hall of Honor.
1980 State Champions:
1981 State Champions:
1982 State Champions:
1985 State Champions:
1986 State Champions:
1987 State Champions:
Ltc. T. Aaron
Msg. T. Landis
SSG B. Jackisch
Lt. P. Forsberg
Lt. D. Anderson
1988 State Champions:
1989 State Champions:
1995 State Champions:
1998 State Champions: