As we near the end of the first semester, here are a few tips for both current families and incoming families for 2024-2025.
- Make sure to finish strong - At the end of the semester, we will be reviewing your student’s GPA to make sure that they are maintaining their GPA requirement for their academic scholarships.
- Make sure you’re caught up on any outstanding fees - Your student will not be able to take finals if they have any outstanding fees with the nurse, library, or cafeteria. Please make sure they are paid up.
- Tuition Scholarship - If your student has not received the Tuition Scholarship in the past and you would like to be reviewed for it, the application is now available online. This scholarship has a deadline of July 1st. (I would not wait to complete this, priority is given in the order received.)
- Award letters - Award letters for those not receiving a Choice Scholarship will be mailed out at the end of March. If you receive the Choice Scholarship, you will receive your letter at your appointment.
Incoming Families for 2024-2025:
- Make sure to apply to CLHS - Financial aid is not processed until you have applied and been accepted to CLHS.
- Excel Scholarship - Each student is reviewed for the Excel Scholarship upon acceptance.
- Concordia Scholarship - After the priority deadline of December 15th, all students will be reviewed and those students making it to the next round will be sent a letter inviting them to apply and complete the required items. This letter should be sent out by the end of December.
- Tuition Scholarship - If you would like to be considered for the Tuition Scholarship, you must complete the application online and upload the required documents. This scholarship has a deadline of July 1st. (I would not wait to complete this, priority is given in the order received.)
- Award Letters - For those that have everything turned in by the priority deadline of December 15th, you will receive your estimated award letter in the middle of February. Those that apply after the deadline will receive their letter at the end of March.
Both Current and Incoming:
- Choice Scholarship - You will receive an email in March to let you know it is time to set up your appointment to come in and complete your Choice Scholarship paperwork. To receive this scholarship, you must apply each year.
- Email - Please make sure to read the emails I send. They contain important information and I don’t want you to miss deadlines.
As always, if you have questions about financial aid here, or at the college level, I am happy to answer them. Blessings on the rest of your 1st semester.