Not only am I a parent of Cadet teenagers, but I am also the Admissions & Retention Director at CLHS. My husband and I are dealing with the same issues and financial challenges that a lot of the parents I meet with are facing.
One of my favorite parts of this job is explaining our financial aid and scholarship opportunities to parents and then seeing their faces light up when they realize that they can afford CLHS!
There are so many rumors circulating about tuition and financial aid. This is why I am working to set up “Concordia Coffee Chats” right after drop off at every Lutheran Grade School in October and November. These chats will be open to any parent that wants to hear about the application process and financial aid and scholarships at Concodia.
We are bumping up our admissions calendar this year to have a “Priority Application Period” between October 11 – December 15. If parents get their applications and supporting documents turned in by December 15 then we guarantee to give them their financial aid package by mid-February. You can still apply after December 15, but you may not get your financial aid package back until March or April. We are really working to help families make the right decision for their student and family and to make it affordable for them.
We reiterate to our students that not everybody gets to attend CLHS. It is a privilege, and there are sacrifices being made that they need to appreciate and to respect. It is their job to take advantage of all of the opportunities that they are blessed to have!
My husband and I made our decision to educate our children at CLHS and have no regrets. Even if I was not working at CLHS, I know that my children would still be attending here. I can remember when they were little, and I was running with my good friend, Nancy Wellman. She was asking me about where our kids would attend high school. I expressed my financial concerns, and she told me about how we just needed to trust in God — He always provides. I guess the theme of this blog is turning out to be, “Trust in God!”
If you have any questions about admissions, tuition and financial aid, please attend one of our Concordia Coffee Chats or schedule a meeting with me at (260) 483-1102, ext. 298.
Concordia Coffee Chat Schedule:
- October 5 Emmanuel – St. Michael @ 8:30 a.m. - Ebenezer Hall on the main floor
- October 11 St. Peter Immanuel @ 8:00 a.m. - cafeteria
- October 12 Ascension @ 8:00 a.m. – cafeteria
- October 13 Central @ 7:45 a.m.– New Activity Center
- October 24 St. Paul @ 8:30 a.m. – Teacher Workroom
- October 26 Holy Cross @ 8:15 a.m. – Welcome Center
- October 31 St. Peter @ 8:30 – St. Peter Lutheran Church, Cornerstone Room area
- November 1 Lutheran South Unity @ 7:15 a.m. – chapel
- November 2 Emmaus @ 8:15 a.m. – cafeteria
- November 3 Suburban Bethlehem @ 8:00 a.m. – cafeteria
- November 9 Wyneken @ 8:15 a.m. – library
- November 17 Concordia @8:15 a.m. – Centennial Hall
- November 30 Woodburn Lutheran @ 8:00 a.m. - cafeteria
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
Proverbs 3: 5-6
Director of Admissions & Retention