April 20, 2018
FORT WAYNE, Ind. — Two films were named the top winners at the third annual Concordia Comedy Festival on April 20.
Films were submitted from around the Fort Wayne area, and the top high school and middle school entries were selected by film industry judges as the finalists. Films were judged on production value, editing, creativity/content, and overall quality. The first place winners received a GoPro camera. The “Crowd’s Favorite” award winner received a $25 Fandango gift card.
The top middle school winners are:
- First place: “Poosicles” by Maxwell Park, St. Paul's Lutheran School seventh grader
- Second place: “Sherlock Holmes - The Later Years” by Maxwell Park, St. Paul's Lutheran School seventh grader
- Third place: “The Magic Man Returns” by Maxwell Park, St. Paul's Lutheran School seventh grader
The top high school finalists are:
- First place: “Wanted” by Christopher Jackson, Concordia sophomore
- Second place: “Ultimate Freshman Kit” by Andy Klage, Concordia junior
- Third place: “One to One to One Technology” by Jayden Brown, Carroll High School junior. Other team members: Amelia Cisna
The “Crowd’s Favorite” Award went to “Extendo Legs - Patent Pending” by Conner Hofmann, Concordia junior. Other team members: Amya Pratt, Cooper Christlieb, Joey Chandler and Jeffrey Dubbelde.
To learn more, visit www.ConcordiaComedyFestival.com.
Concordia Lutheran High School, located at 1601 St. Joe River Drive in Fort Wayne, Ind., was founded in 1935 as a private, co-educational Lutheran high school open to students of all faiths and backgrounds. With Christ at the center, Concordia continues to pursue educational excellence that equips individuals for lifelong learning and service as disciples of Jesus Christ. Utilizing the most current technologies and state-of-the-art equipment, Concordia’s Media Arts students participate in a wide variety of projects that will help them develop an understanding of digital media. Students study narrative and documentary filmmaking, commercials, music videos and various forms of digital production. Learn more at www.clhscadets.com.