Mom can I wear this top to the football game? No, you look like you are going to the beach and it is fifty degrees outside. Can I stay out past midnight, none of my friends have a curfew? No, nothing good happens after midnight. Can I get a Snapchat account, all of my friends are on social media? No, you are in grade school, and it is only going to cause problems and drama.
These are just a few of the questions that have filled the air at my house. My kids do not like it when we say no. What kid does? We just keep in mind that we are here to be their parents, not their best friends. Our house can be described as a listening dictatorship. What we say goes, no negotiations. Giving our kids structure and rules shows that we care. This is why God gave us rules, the 10 Commandments, to protect us from ourselves.
At Concordia, there will be a dress code to comply with, attendance/tardy policy, schedules to follow and homework to turn in on time or consequences to be faced. This is not because we are a mean school, but because we care.
My job is not just about recruiting new students, but also helping students that have left and want to come back. These students have transferred out only to find that the rules and structure that they once despised, they missed. They missed a school that cared enough to say “no you can’t be late, no you can’t wear that, no you need to turn in your work.” Things that help prepare you for life beyond high school!
“No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.” Hebrews 12:11
Upcoming Admissions Dates:
- October 10 - Priority Application Period opens for 8th graders
- November 9 - Concordia Day (8th graders get a taste of high school for the day)
- November 14 - Discover Concordia Night (for parents & students)
- December 14 - Priority Application deadline
- January 27 - Open House
Concordia Coffee Chats:
- 10/4 Central Lutheran @ 7:45 a.m. - Preschool Activity Room
- 10/11 Concordia Grade School @ 8:15 a.m. - Centennial Hall
- 10/12 St. John-Emmanuel @ 7:40 a.m. - Flex Room
- 10/19 Suburban Bethlehem @ 8:00 a.m. - Cafeteria
- 10/23 Woodburn Lutheran @ 8:00 a.m. - Cafeteria
Director of Admissions & Retention