Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! May this school year be filled with excitement and blessings as we grow through service in faith, intellect, and community.
New school years are exciting and nervous events. Where are my classes located? Who is near my locker and can I successfully operate the combination lock? What is Mr./Ms./Mrs. Teacher going to be like? God is with us. Each of us is His child: precious, loved, forgiven.
Our theme this school year comes from Romans 12:2, “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Daily we are challenged to be at our best in our pursuit to grow in knowledge and wisdom. Throughout this school year, I will touch upon our theme, Renewing the Mind…with Christ at the Center, in our monthly newsletters.
Parents, thank you for attending our Back-to-School night event on August 15 to meet teachers, and hopefully get some of your questions answered about your child’s program at Concordia, along with our sports and fine arts parent information meetings.
Students and Parents will find on their OnCampus dashboard, a personalized time schedule given which day of the rotation we are on. Parents may also check their child’s homework and grades via OnCampus. We continue with a single lunch period of 45 minutes this year, with provides time for students to meet with teachers in office hours, conduct club & activity meetings, complete homework with friends, and occasionally meet with their church pastors/youth group leaders over lunch.
Please note these highlights in the 2019-2020 Daily Schedule:
- A Days - Academic classes begin at 8:40 AM with faculty meetings occurring earlier. Doors to the Academic Wing open at 8:15 AM on A Days.
- B Days - Academic classes begin at 8:40 AM with student/teacher Office Hours for academic help and student clubs/activities meeting. Doors to the Academic Wing open at 7:35 AM on B Days.
- C Days - Chapel
- D Days - Koinonia, followed by Focus Time. Focus Time is a quiet 20 minute period for individual student study. Clubs and Activities do not meet during Focus Time.
- E Days - All 8 class periods meet
- Lunch is 45 minutes everyday
- 10 minute pass periods between all academic classes
- Student Schedules
Join me in prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank you for the community of education, service, and faith, that is Concordia Lutheran High School. I ask for your guidance and blessings on this school year, that it may bear fruit of knowledge, understanding, and commitment, in and through you. May your love, forgiveness, and peace, be exercised and experienced by every student, family, teacher, and staff member at Concordia. Amen.