April 13, 2020
Hello, as you know, we will be continuing Remote Learning through the remainder of the 2019-20 school year. Click here to see the new schedule. Through the work of CLHS Administrators and Department Leaders, we would like to share the calendar and plan, especially for how it affects graduating seniors:
- The 2019-20 Academic year will conclude at the end of Remote Learning on Thursday, May 21. Classes will continue on the same schedule, running 9 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- There will be no second semester Final Exams.
- Need to continue to participate in their Remote Learning sessions and assignments to ensure an on-time graduation.
- We are exploring a variety of options for Graduation including holding our traditional ceremony in June or July.
- Regardless of the Graduation Ceremony date, seniors will “graduate” at the end of the academic year to allow for transcripts and materials to be sent to colleges/universities/military to ensure those processes continue on schedule.
- Our current schedule provides for 172 days of instruction using 10 “waiver” days from the State of Indiana.
- Before April 17, Concordia will post its official “Remote Learning Plan” that will be submitted to the Indiana Department of Education.
The week of May 26 we are putting together plans for a “Return to Campus Day” for students/families to accomplish the following:
- Clean out lockers
- Collect belongings, including Graduation Caps & Gowns, art projects, and other projects and materials
- Return JROTC equipment and uniforms
- Collect medications/prescriptions from the Nurse’s office
- Return technology, cameras, art equipment, etc. to Computer Science, Video Productions, Yearbook, Photography, Ceramics, etc.
- Return music and instruments to Music Department
In addition to Graduation, plans are being made for our regular end-of-the-year events, including the many “last” events for our seniors. This includes concerts, drama productions, JROTC events, and social gatherings as well as all of the academic, athletic, and other awards ceremonies that would happen at the end of a typical year. As we make those plans, seniors and senior parents please be on the lookout for some surveys to help us make these as meaningful as possible. While some events may be held digitally, we are looking at holding as many events in person as possible, including looking at holding a regular Graduation ceremony during the summer months.
We are working diligently to make the end of the year as special and as “normal” as possible for our seniors and all of our students.