May 1, 2022
FORT WAYNE, Ind. — Members of the senior class were recognized tonight for their academic accomplishments. Also, two college scholarships were awarded this evening, the Carl F Gallmeier Memorial Endowed College Scholarship and the Martin Fischer Memorial Scholarship.
The Gallmeier Scholarship is given annually to a senior who will attend a Lutheran college or university to prepare for a career in Christian education or pastoral ministry. The scholarship awards $1,500 each year. The scholarship was awarded to Elizabeth Gatchell.
The Fischer Scholarship is a $32,000 scholarship over four years, which is awarded to an outstanding senior who plans to enter a humanities-related field. The scholarship was awarded to Isaiah Tietz.
Students were also recognized with department awards and other awards throughout the evening. They are as follows:
Valedictorian: Daniel Adair
Salutatorian: Nolan Labahn
Herbert Birkman Senior Department Awards:
- Theology: Ben Corley
- English: Isaiah Tietz
- Business: Beale Hughes
- Computer Science: McKenzi Humbert
- Family & Consumer Science: Savannah Doerflein-Van Patten
- JROTC: Maxwell Cohen
- Physical Education: Cayden Faley
- Mathematics: Andy Deng
- Science: Rebekah Hammond
- World Language: Rachel Hensley
- Social Studies: Lucas Miller
- Instrumental Music: Erin Bienz
- Vocal Music: Jordan Meier
- Visual Arts: Wyatt Chesebrough
- Media Arts: Melina McClure
- Theatre Arts: Michael Slack
- German Award: Isaiah Tietz
- Latin Award: Daniel Adair
- Spanish Award: Evelyn Kidd
- Music Distinguished Service Award: Elizabeth Hobby
- National Latin Exam – Magna Cum Laude: Daniel Adair
Click here to see photos from the evening.
Concordia Lutheran High School, located at 1601 St. Joe River Drive in Fort Wayne, Ind., was founded in 1935 as a private, co-educational Lutheran high school open to students of all faiths and backgrounds. With Christ at the center, Concordia continues to pursue educational excellence that equips individuals for lifelong learning and service as disciples of Jesus Christ. Learn more at www.clhscadets.com.