Today, more than 3,000 high schools nationwide offer JROTC classes. Sure, all JROTC units cultivate Cadets’ citizenship, character, leadership traits, and responsibility. The curriculum covers a wide range of topics such as military history, first aid, financial management, leadership, health and fitness, team building, personal growth, public speaking, service learning, and more. But our Cadets learn much more than that.
Almost every year the Cadets of Concordia plan, resource, and execute major events such as the Captain Homer L. Clendenen Drill Meet, Concordia Lutheran High School VEX Robotics Rumble, Sergeant First Class Paul E. Miller Air Rifle Invitational, Battalion Dinning-In, SSG Kevin M. Pape Memorial Raider Rumble, A.J. Arnett 5k Honor Run, VEX Robotics VRC League Championship, JROTC Officers’ Ball and many more. The skills they develop through applied learning will provide them with the experience that will benefit them in any future occupation they will pursue. They will come to understand that good things come to those who bust their butt. Believe it or not the program offers even more.
JROTC offers a sense of family and being a part of something bigger than yourself. Learning to work for the collective good of all with the single purpose of excellence. This is achieved by offering a wide range of competitive co-curricular activities in which students may earn their varsity letter. Concordia Lutheran High School JROTC has something for everyone.
- JROTC Leadership and Academic Bowl is a program for challenging a student’s academic and leadership knowledge on a national level all the while preparing students for higher education milestones like entrance exams.
- Raiders is a high school version of an U.S. Army Rangers which competes in tough physical competition similar to a Tough Mudder or a Spartan Race.
- Robotics is applied engineering and computer programming that competes against teams from around the world.
- Rifle Marksmanship is a competitive program that competes on the national stage. The JROTC rifle program has developed D-1 athletes and Olympic dreams.
- Drill Competitions teaches leadership skills, teaching skills, time management, logistics and people skills. The Regulation and Exhibition Teams compete on a national level.
The opportunities are endless because JROTC students are only limited by their own willingness to execute a proposed activity or project. So if you want to truly unlock your potential and be all that you can be consider the opportunities that are offered in JROTC and be legendary. Did you America today?