Concordia Lutheran High School will participate with the Indiana Association for College Admission Counselors (IACAC) to offer Northeast Indiana’s College Fair.
On Tuesday, March 7, our school will have a two-hour delay for our students to attend the fair at IPFW from 8:30 to 9:30am. Close to 100 schools are expected to participate. IACAC has worked hard to streamline the registration and data collection process for these sanctioned events. Each student attending the fair will have an opportunity to provide more detailed information and even elaborate on interests, extra-curricular activities, special accomplishments etc.
With a few quick clicks, students fill out a registration form just once. This process generates a personalized barcode that each student can print or display on their smartphone and present to individual colleges at the fair. The student information is quickly shared with the colleges of their choice accurately, in a more secured fashion.
How does this work?
- Students access www.gotocollegefairs.com
- Click on the “Student Register Now” button
- Select state and choose the fair to attend
- Complete the registration form
- Check the “terms and conditions box” and submit form
- The barcode is displayed - All done!
The pre-registration process for students is simple and makes the college fair experience more efficient:
- Increased face to face interaction
- Maximize student’s time at the fair by eliminating wait time and the need to fill out information cards at every table
- Students fill out a registration form just one, allowing them the opportunity to elaborate on interests, extra-curricular activities, special accomplishments, etc.
- The opportunity to learn more about their school of interest.
Two days prior to the fair, students will receive a reminder email with the barcode attached. Students can use their smartphones or use a printed barcode.