May 9, 2017
FORT WAYNE, Ind. — Concordia Lutheran High School seniors were honored with department awards and scholarships during a special Senior Honors Evening on April 23.
The following seniors were recognized:
- Valedictorian: Hannah Martin
- Salutatorian: Derek Egolf
- Herbert Birkman Senior Department Awards:
- Theology: Peter Morrison
- English: Hannah Martin
- Business: Kyla Macaraig
- Computer Science: Sydney Kemme Nash
- Family & Consumer Science: Kirsten Olsen
- JROTC: Logan Devine
- Mathematics: Derek Egolf
- Science: Hannah Martin
- World Languages: Charity Felton
- Social Studies: Morgan Moloney
- Instrumental Music: Grace Lunz
- Vocal Music: Ethan Dillman
- Visual Arts: Hannah Nack
- Media Arts: Emily Mix
- DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award: Savannah Bassett, Ivoryona Dickey, Emily Lahey, Kyla Macaraig and Shelby Prows
- AP Statistics Award: Noelle Turney
- German Award: Ethan Dillman
- Latin Award: Gabriel Kramer
- Spanish Award: Hannah Martin
- National Latin Exam: Gabriel Kramer (Summa cum Laude), Rachel Metzger (Maxima cum Laude) and Jackson Wagner (Maxma cum Laude)
The Carl F Gallmeier Memorial Endowed Scholarship was awarded that evening to Abigail Bentz. This $1,500 scholarship is awarded annually to a graduating CLHS senior who will attend a Lutheran college or university to prepare for a career in Christian education or the pastoral ministry. It is renewable for three more years if the conditions of the scholarship are met.
The Martin Fischer Memorial Scholarship was awarded to Charity Felton. This scholarship is awarded annually by CLHS to a worthy and deserving CLHS student who plans to study a humanities-related field. The scholarship is $8,000 annually, renewable for three years, for a total of up to $32,000.
Concordia Lutheran High School, located at 1601 St. Joe River Drive in Fort Wayne, Ind., was founded in 1935 as a private, co-educational Lutheran high school open to students of all faiths and backgrounds. With Christ at the center, Concordia continues to pursue educational excellence that equips individuals for lifelong learning and service as disciples of Jesus Christ. Learn more at www.clhscadets.com.