Oh Give Thanks Unto the Lord for He is Good, and His Mercy Endures Forever!
The autumn weather arrived a little later than usual for this part of the world, but the excitement of the Fall Season at Concordia has been spot-on with a number of celebrations in our academic and co-curricular programs. God continues to shine His light of guidance, forgiveness, and salvation on us, and as we reflect on the tremendous blessings God has granted us, may we be humbled by abundance, and challenged to proceed with generosity to others.
Concordia is blessed ….
Concordia Lutheran High School earned an “A Grade” from the Indiana Department of Education Office of Accountability. This grade is based upon and reflective of the mission, focused academic work of our students and faculty. Congratulations Concordia!
- Boys Soccer team for their 2nd place finish at the State Class 2A Soccer Championship Tournament. Captain Ben Loshe was selected with the IHSAA Mental Attitude Award for Class 2A. Ben is Concordia’s 11th student-athlete to receive this prestigious award. Our Boys are coached by Kevin Macke, Josh Mertz, Erik Gunkel, and Kurt Gutman.
- Marching Band on their 5th Place finish at the ISSMA State Finals. Our Marching Band is directed by Adam Friedrich and his fine team of directors.
- Cross Country - both Girls and Boys Teams who both qualified and ran in the State Championship meet in Terre Haute.
- Addison Agen, Junior student, who continues to win round after round in NBC’s The Voice. Go Team Addison!
- JROTC took first place at the Raider Meet we hosted.
- Volunteers! JROTC Boosters. Fall Sport Teams Boosters. Marching Band Pit Crew….
- Parents, thank you for attending our Parent-Teacher Conferences and Workshops on October 19 at Concordia. This evening is important as we strengthen the support between home and school. During the event parent workshops were presented on college planning and social media which adolescents are engaged with. Copies of the presentations are found here:
Joining us in the Parent Workshops was Detective Gretchen Smith of the Indiana State Police who leads the Internet Crimes Against Children Division. Like all communities, our students are exposed and distribute through social media questionable, and sometimes, illegal material. Det. Smith shared with us a number of sites and apps that Parents may help their teens guard against. For more information please visit:
- Knowing your Teens’ Digital Footprint (from NCMEC - Net Smartz)
- Parents: You follow your teen on Instagram, but do you know about their Finsta? (NBC News)
- Do Smart Phones Make Us Smarter? (Growing Leaders - Tim Elmore)
I want to remind you that Cross Connections Counseling Services are available for individual and family support. A counselor from Cross Connections is on our Concordia campus every Monday and Thursday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. to meet with students. Contact Mr. Phil Brackmann, Concordia’s Dean of Student Success, to connect with Cross Connections.
This fall I had the pleasure of being a member of our Marching Band as a volunteer parent in the band’s Pit Crew. I enjoyed working with the terrific group of parents who love their kids and our school! Concordia is a special place with Christ at the Center. A lot of hours of service were given by loving parents who cooked, sewed, carried props, drove, and cheered their kids and our school throughout their fall season which culminated with the ISSMA State Finals at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy. Soli Deo Gloria.