When you’re a Cadet, you not only get an outstanding education. You also get a chance to take part in rewarding and fun groups and activities — especially for CLHS students.
I have always been a fan of Dave Letterman’s “Top 10 Lists” so maybe that is how my list infatuation started. Here is my most recent one that I would like to share with you!
Top 10 Student Life Activities
- Concordia Olympics - Build community and celebrate Homecoming at the same time while competing for bragging rights in various events!
- Intramurals - Gather a group of 6-10 friends and compete as a team during a six-week intramural volleyball season from August to October. The faculty team is the team to beat!
- Friday Night Lights - Meet your friends out at the football games and hear the JROTC Cadets fire the cannon every time a touchdown is scored!
- Theater Shows - Come out to watch one of our many theater productions throughout the school year in the CLHS auditorium.
- Christmas at The Embassy - Get into the Spirit of Christmas by attending this concert at the historical Embassy downtown and be awed by our CLHS musical talent. You will get goosebumps as family, friends, and alumni traditionally take the stage with our students to sing the “Hallelujah Chorus” from Handel's Messiah.
- Service Day - For more than 20 years, CLHS students and staff have gone out into the community for a day of service with their Koinonia groups. An entire day off of school to help out!
- Creation Museum & Ark Encounter Field Trip - Religion students get to take this trip usually during their sophomore year.
- Concordia Comedy Festival - View hilarious student videos on the big screen.
- Spirit Days - Dress up for our National Lutheran Schools Week & Homecoming Week themed days. It is always a treat to see what Pastor Hoover sports each day!
- Serving Bowls Fundraiser - Learn how to make pottery during lunch or after school while creating bowls for the Chili fundraiser for the soup kitchen.
I hope that our students and their families take the time to enjoy the 2018-19 school year and attend some of our many events and activities.
“This is the day that the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24
Director of Admissions & Retention