Sept. 12, 2018
FORT WAYNE, Ind. — Concordia Lutheran High School will induct six new members into its Athletic Hall of Fame on Sept. 15 during a special reception. They also will be honored during the Friday night football game on Sept. 14.
The Athletic Hall of Fame was started in 2010 to award, recognize and honor outstanding achievements of athletes, coaches and others who have made significant contributions to the athletic program and have been instrumental in promoting the growth of athletics at Concordia. Since that time, Concordia has inducted 68 individuals.
This year, six new members will be added to that list.
Inductees this year include:
- Al Buuck, Class of 1958, for Basketball, Football, Track and Field, and Baseball
- Matthew Dellinger, Class of 1992, for Basketball and Baseball
- Ricky Hall, Class of 1980, for Basketball and Track and Field
- Bryan Payton, Class of 2004, for Football, Basketball, Track and Field, and Baseball
- Steve Reba, Class of 1998, for Baseball
- David Widenhofer, Class of 1963, posthumously as a Former CLHS Principal and Executive Director at CLHS
Concordia Lutheran High School, located at 1601 St. Joe River Drive in Fort Wayne, Ind., was founded in 1935 as a private, co-educational Lutheran high school open to students of all faiths and backgrounds. With Christ at the center, Concordia continues to pursue educational excellence that equips individuals for lifelong learning and service as disciples of Jesus Christ. Learn more at www.clhscadets.com.