JROTC objectives are to develop in each cadet the following:
- Appreciation of the ethical values and principles that underlie good citizenship which include integrity, responsibility and respect for authority.
- Leadership potential with the abilities to live and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to think logically and to communicate effectively.
- Importance of physical fitness and good health.
- Knowledge of the effects and dangers of substance abuse.
- Abilities of goal setting and positive self-esteem.
- The history, purpose and structure of the military.
- Knowledge of educational and vocational opportunities.
- Importance of a high school education.
In meeting these objectives, this student-run program prepares students for life—not for the military. JROTC training gives students the skills needed to succeed in life.