It’s that time of year to make sure you have completed what you need to for financial aid for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Have you asked two teachers to complete the online teacher evaluation for the Excel Scholarship? To be reviewed for the Excel Scholarship you need to be accepted to CLHS and have the two teacher recommendations in.
- Do you want to be reviewed for additional funding and/or the Choice Scholarship? You will need to complete the online application on our website and submit the required documentation. This does have a deadline of May 15th. Please watch for communication about what is needed for the Choice Scholarship.
- Do you currently receive the Excel Scholarship? We will review the student’s GPA at the end of the year to make sure they are meeting the renewal criteria. (3.5 for the Concordia Scholars and 3.0 for the Excel).
- Did you receive a Tuition Scholarship this year? If yes, then you don’t need to complete the application again. If no, and you wish to be reviewed for 2023-2024, you will need to complete the online application on our website and submit the required documentation. This does have a deadline of May 15th.
- If you have had a change in income, please contact me (Debbie Schumm) directly so we can note this in your file and discuss possible changes.
The State set the actual Choice dollar amounts for the 2022-2023 school year the beginning of February. The actual amount did increase and have been applied to your account. A letter will be mailed out shortly that lists the amount.
Due to some possible changes to the Choice Scholarship program, we will be delaying appointments to complete the paperwork. I am hoping to have more direction from the State in May and will send out an email in May to let you know what the next steps will be.And don't forget! More families are now eligible for the Choice Scholarship! Review this page to see if you could receive $6,000 off your tuition! (Scholarship amounts vary based on your school district of residence, but this page will help you learn more.)
As always, if you should have any questions or your circumstances change, please feel free to contact me.
Director of Financial Aid
(260) 483-1102, ext. 219