Salary: The Board of Directors shall annually approve the salary and benefit package afforded to the school counselor.
Full Time (School Day - Monday through Friday)
Report to: Director of Guidance, Principal
Posted: June 2023
At Concordia, everything we do starts with Christ at the Center and equipping our students for lifelong service as leaders who reflect Christ. Additionally, we give students ample opportunities to find and hone their passions by providing them with vigorous academic programs and encouraging them to get involved in extracurricular activities.
In this environment our teachers not only speak freely about their faith but also have the freedom to innovate and tailor their classes and extracurriculars to the needs of each student.
Be a part of professional excellence at Concordia Lutheran High School. Join nearly 100 faculty and staff as we lead 600-plus students in Christ-centered educational excellence. Concordia is the 6th largest LCMS Lutheran high school in the country. We have graduated more than 10,000 alumni since 1935. About Us
What You Can Expect
- Working with students throughout their four years at CLHS to build their class schedule for success as well as their college admissions and post-secondary planning.
- Working with the Admissions Team to build enrollment.
- Coordinating with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual student's abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with guidance services.
- Serving as a ready resource to students to provide counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding, and maturity.
Creative Opportunities (The Fun Stuff)
- Engaging with students on a daily basis to help shape them into Christ-centered leaders for tomorrow.
- Help to lead a small group devotional each week for students called Koinonia.
- Master's Degree in School Counseling with valid License.
- Seeking candidates with good communication skills that desire to aid students in their secondary educational, post-secondary education and/or career goals.
- At least five years experience is preferred, but not required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of pre/post high school program eligibility requirements.
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network systems and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Help students with college admissions and post-secondary planning.
- Be an active participant in an RTI team (Response to Intervention).
- Coordinate and supervise within school-wide testing programs.
- Maintain student records for assigned students.
- Work with community agencies and other resources.
- Work with the Admissions Team to help build enrollment.
- Develop regular school counseling communication.
- Assists students in evaluating students' aptitudes and abilities through the interpretation of individual standardized test scores and other pertinent data, and works with students in developing education and occupation plans consistent with such evaluation.
- Student scheduling.
- Assist in creating a master schedule.
- Coordinate with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual student's abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with guidance services.
- Assist with the registration and orientation of students who are new to the school regarding procedures and educational opportunities.
- Serve as a ready resource to students to provide counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding, and maturity.
- Continue to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the field to stay abreast of changes in state and federal regulations by attending seminars, workshops, and/or professional meetings.
- Encourage parental involvement in students' education and ensure effective communication with students and parents.
- Support families with school attendance.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Who We Are
Concordia Lutheran High School was founded on the principles of faith, Christian service, and academic excellence. Over time, the three additional principles of diversity, mission partnerships, and relationships have been added to our core values.
Concordia Lutheran High School pursues Christ-centered educational excellence that equips individuals for lifelong learning and service as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Characteristics of Professional Excellence
Concordia Lutheran High School educators…
- Bring a vibrant passion for the mission.
- Commit to continuous Christian growth as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Genuinely imitate Christ.
- Display content knowledge and pursue pedagogical versatility.
- Actively build and invest in relationships.
- Foster a safe learning environment that inspires intellectual growth, collaboration and creativity.
- Nurture the whole individual.
Concordia Educational Association, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Read more about our Non-Discrimination Policy.
Term of Service
The School Counselor's offer of employment shall be on an annual basis. It is assumed that, given a positive performance review related to the professional development program, employment will be ongoing.