Scholarship Available during the 2022-23 School Year
The Martin Fischer Memorial Scholarship
Deadline April 1, 2023
This scholarship is to be administered by the Martin Fischer Memorial Fund of the Concordia Educational Foundation (CEF) in accordance with the guidelines established. The scholarship is to be awarded annually by CLHS to a worthy and deserving CLHS student to be used during the student’s four undergraduate college years. The scholarship further stipulates that the student must study a Humanities-related field, which includes the fine and performing arts, languages, philosophy, religion, history, education, journalism, many more, etc., branches of learning having primarily a cultural character. The scholarship shall be for $8,000 annually, renewable for three years, for a total of up to $32,000.
Carl F. Gallmeier Endowed College Scholarship
This $1500 scholarship is awarded annually to a graduating CLHS Senior who will attend a Lutheran college or university to prepare for a career in Christian Education or the pastoral ministry. It is renewable for three more years if the conditions of the Scholarship are met. Applications are DUE IN March each year and are available from Ms. Karen Johnson, Guidance Assistant, in the CLHS main office.
Due Yearly in the Fall (Second Week of September)
We have made a few minor changes to the application:
- Removed SAT scores from the application & scoring materials
- Removed gender references from the application
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply:
- be a resident of Allen County, Indiana
- have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- graduate during the current school year with a diploma from an accredited high school in Allen County
- Intend to apply to an accredited public or private college or university in Indiana to pursue a full-time baccalaureate course of study by the following fall.
- The applicant has overcome obstacles that created barriers to academic achievement.
- The applicant’s family has demonstrated financial need shown through the completion of the FAFSA, eligibility for subsidized school lunches, or other extenuating circumstances, such as multiple children in secondary and postsecondary school or a single-parent household.
Pick up your application in the MAIN OFFICE.
If you live in another county, they may have their own Lilly Endowment requirements and deadlines. Be sure to check that out.
- Be current high school
- Be involved in community service, extracurricular activities and/or a leadership role in the twelve (12) months prior to application deadline (for examplevolunteering for non-profits, helping others less fortunate, tutoring/mentoring, etc )
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
Chick-fil-A landing page for Community Scholars: https://www.chick-fil-a.com/communityscholars