- Take or retake the SAT and/or ACT. Register for one of the early fall test dates.
- Make a preliminary college list and check admissions requirements and deadlines. For a link to Indiana, Lutheran and other colleges and universities visit: clhscadets.com/Academic/Guidance and Counseling Services/College and Career Pathways.
- Talk to college representatives who are visiting CLHS. The bulletin board by the cafeteria entrance is dedicated to college information. Upcoming college representative visits will also be listed in Daily the Bulletin. Sign up no later than the day before in the Main Office with Mrs. Geisler.
- Make campus visits. Remember to get permission slips ahead of time from Student Success. Further details are listed in this booklet.
- Complete applications online through use of individual college website or through the use of the Common Application. Send SAT/ACT score to colleges through the testing websites.
- Send high school transcripts to the desired colleges by using either Parchment or Common Application. Instructions to do so are forthcoming in this booklet.
- Some colleges may require recommendations. Reach out to those who know you best to ask for their permission to be used as a recommender.
- November 1st - Deadline for getting many priority applications submitted (Indiana and Purdue University to name a few). We suggest that you apply to at least three schools. Pay attention to application dates and deadlines.
- Attend the FAFSA meeting in September. Date and time TBA.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) starting October 1st. Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov and apply for a FSA ID and to complete the application. Parents will be submitting tax forms from 2 years prior.
- Apply for scholarships. See page 12 for scholarship search websites. For an up-to-date list of scholarships such as local scholarships, community scholarship or those available through CLHS please visit the scholarship link in the Daily Bulletin or contact Mrs. Geisler in the Main Office.
- Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines!
- Notify colleges of your enrollment intentions.
- Request Final transcripts through parchment.com be sent to the college you have chosen. Make sure you request “Hold for Final Grades” so that your complete graduation transcript can be sent. Mailed copies can also be sent by providing Mrs. Geisler with a stamped envelope that is addressed to the college.
- Graduation (Click here for information about Commencement)