June 2, 2024 ~ 1:00 PM
Historic Embassy Theatre, Downtown Fort Wayne
As the end of the school year approaches, the Class of 2023 and their parents have the opportunity to celebrate the many blessings that have happened during their high school years. We pray that Concordia Lutheran High School has been as much a blessing for them as they have been for Concordia.
The culmination of high school at Concordia Lutheran High School is the Baccalaureate/Commencement Service which will be held at the Embassy Theatre on Sunday, June 2, 2023 beginning at 1:00 p.m. Seniors report to the Grand Wayne Center at 12:00 p.m. Much work goes into making this a special and very dignified event. It is the last opportunity for the Class of 2024, their family and friends, and the staff of CLHS to gather around the Word of God to celebrate the ending of one phase of our graduating seniors’ lives and the beginning of the next steps set before them.
Each family has an account created for ticketing, and are assigned randomly generated seats in sets of eight by the Embassy Box Office. These accounts allow families to reprint lost/damaged tickets and return unused tickets if needed. Graduation tickets will be sent home with students.
Graduation tickets will be available on Monday, May 8 for students/parents to pick up in the main office. On Wednesday, May 10 the extra tickets (limit 4 tickets per account, per day) will be available from the Embassy Box Office (Hours M-F 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.). Families are encouraged to return any unused tickets no later than Friday, May 19 to allow other families ample time to use them.
To prepare for the Baccalaureate/Commencement Service, we ask all to keep the following in mind (see more info in the Senior Memo):
- Students must take care of all obligations (books, tuition, uniforms, fines, etc.) by Friday, May 27 prior to graduation rehearsal.
- Students have rehearsal for this event on Friday, May 26 beginning at 12:00 p.m. in the Main Gym. Following rehearsal, students will head outside (or to the cafeteria in case of inclement weather) for a Senior Sendoff BBQ with food, giveaways, and a yearbook autograph pages signing. Please note that the physical yearbooks will not be available until August when you can pick them up in the school office.
- As Commencement is contained within a worship setting, it is important to remember that we are in the presence of God and to act accordingly.
- This is a formal event and the dress of students and guests should reflect that emphasis.
- Doors at the Embassy Theatre open at 12:15 p.m. with seating assigned by tickets.
- Seniors do not need to hire a private photographer for graduation. The high school has arranged a photographer for the event who will take a photo of every student walking across the stage (which will be printed and mailed to families over the summer). Event photos will also be posted on Facebook.
- We will be offering live streaming of the Commencement Service. Information is available on the enclosed Senior Memo.
- Directions for exiting the Embassy are given at the end of the service to promote safety and provide the opportunity for families and friends to meet the graduates in a timely manner.
- For graduation do not park in the lot behind the Embassy Theatre because it is a tow zone. Free parking is available on the street or paid parking is available in area garages.